Bought chicks but....

palmerchick

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 4, 2013
They just keep dying. I'm not new to having chicks. I ordered them from someone online and they did travel a little distance, but were at my post office within 2 days. The first day everyone was doing well and then they just started dying off in 2 or 3's. wondering what I did wrong, can't say I did anything different from the last times I've raised chicks. I started off with 15 chicks and am down to 5 right this minute. They show no signs of being sick, one hour they are up running around and chirping, the next hour they are dead.

DeannaMari

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 3, 2013
That's awfully strange. Sorry for your loss, maybe you should get some save-a-chick and put it in their water.

palmerchick

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 4, 2013
I did and still lost one this morning..I really can't figure this out.

DeannaMari

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 3, 2013
Where did you order them from? I would contact them and tell them the trouble you're having. It may be something in their hatcheries or incubators.

palmerchick

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 4, 2013
I did, but they said they hadn't had any trouble...they thought it was from the shipping, but usually after a week, I don't worry about losing them. Just wondering if there is a disease that anyone knows of that these chicks might have. I'm incubating some eggs and I don't really want to expose new chicks to something, even though I will keep them separated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom