bought some button quail

They can have bald patches from aggression from each other (or amorous attentions) or scalping themselves on the roof of their cages (when startled they fly/jump straight up; they can even break their necks doing this), or from parasites.

Hi animals1981!
frow.gif

I have a pair of Buttons.
What I feed them: Game Bird Crumbles, Parakeet food every once in awhile for a treat, and also Parakeet grit.
Bedding: I use Wood Shavings.
Waterer: I use a Parakeet waterer/feeder. Can be used for feed or water. They don't really need a nesting box. I have one in there for my female, but she never uses it! lol
roll.png

Turkey Grower would be better for them, but if you don't want to buy that then just buy ragular Chick Starter. That's what I had mine on for awhile. But then I found out that my local TSC carried Gamebird Crumbles.
smile.png

Oh, also they really enjoy having a good dust bath! I just get a pie pan or something w/ some sand in it and they have the best time rolling around in it and throwing on them selves.
big_smile.png
Theres nothing cuter! lol
smile.png

Every now and then I give mine boiled eggs. I just boil their eggs and feed it to them. They don't eat it all, though. Your Buttons maybe molting. My female is loosing her head feathers and back feathers. But my male is still fully feathered.
smile.png

Best of luck w/ your quail!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom