1. I need to put up something between the next house and mine. They have dogs,but are on the invisible fence. I'm just afraid my hens may get too close as the aren't afraid of our dogs. I don't need it electrofied.I guess it should be a woven mesh approx 50 ft x 3 ft tall. Any company's carry fencing ilke that? Merry
  2. Wes in Tx

    Wes in Tx Songster

    Jan 11, 2007
    You can buy 3ft tall 2x4 welded wire but why not just put up a standard chain link fence.
  3. kingsdaughter

    kingsdaughter In the Brooder

    Mar 2, 2007
    home depot
  4. I ended up buying 1oo ft of 7 ft bird/garden plastic mesh that I got at the local feed store. I will cut it in 1/2 lenthwise and put on the existing electric fence posts that border the boundary. That will give me 200 ft of 3 ft high wall, just enough to stop them if they are scratching their way too far. I know they CAN fly over, but think they may turn back when they hit it. This cost only around $65.00. Thanks everyone for suggestions Merry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: