Bourbon Red thread... or maybe just Bourbon thread?

Up until this past week it was Dumor Starter 24% Protien, because they're with our New Hampshires. They've been on and off outside for the past 2 weeks and they often have gotten crickets and meal worms, anywhere from 60 - 90 crickets regularly, the last one was 180 crickets for both the chickens and the Turkeys 16 birds combined, they ate them all and loved it.

I asked because loking at your birds comparing to mine same age, mine are almost double in size. mine are on 28% protein. they get meal worms occasionally, plenty of greens. amazing the difference from just 4% change.

How big are your birds, pictures can make size appear off.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I'll post this just because

There are thirteen of them, around 8-10 weeks. Just moved them into this 30x12 hoop house a week and a half ago.

I had for two years ago but they were all toms. Made great Thanksgiving meals, though.

Last edited:
Just weighed them with an old baby scale we have for some reason to which I don't know. They're 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. Our largest NH chickens are at 1 1/2 lbs.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
guess you may be right about the photo thing. They looked about a pound judging from pix. Mine are weighed from gram food scale,they all are 6 weeks old today.

Well I was hoping with the picture someone would just say you have x hens and x toms, so I took close up pictures but they're not high enough quality for that. So far I have two gobbling pathetically and strutting so I assume they're Toms, and I assume the other two, one which has strutted pathetically are hens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom