Bourbon Red Turkey Sexes??

Connie as someone has already said we {BYC} can get you one I my self have 15 chicks that are one week old If by some chance you could drive up and we drive down meet in the middle Like you we just have to wait and who is he or she I only wanted 4 but had to order 15 One tom is your's if you want Good luck and have fun I am

Hi Raccoon,

I appreciate the offer. I know when I get real serious, there will be no problem finding what I want.
It just figures that the eggs you really want are the ones you have problems with.
fl.gif
I have two eggs under lock down right now.
fl.gif

We will have to see if they will grace me with their presence. I got a 50/50 chance.

Again thanks for all the offers. BYC'ers are the best.
wee.gif

Could someone please post an up close picture of the difference? I have 5 poults, 2.5 months old that look to all be female. I think the odds of all being 1 sex are slim .
roll.png

Last edited:
Here is my little male on the 11th he will be 3 month old. By this age you should be able to tell the gender by looking at the head & neck. His snood is like a inch long, but when he struts its like 2 to 2 1/2 inches long maybe a little bigger
idunno.gif
. Hope this helps

0073.jpg

That is a great pic. I will have to look at mine a little closer. Mine are now to the point where you can tell differences in the color of the heads. They are about 3 months old. I found someone who had some turkeys nearby and got me another hen and my coveted Tom. I am set for next spring now.

That's a good pic of the male's feathering in.

Boys have bigger carbuncles earlier than girls and tend to do MORE of the red head/blue head thing earlier.

Dominant girls however will strut and color change nearly as often as boys if they're moody.

I'll get more pics of mine as soon as my ........ room mate remembers to take the camera out of her truck...

Grrr...

And by about 20 weeks the boy's snoods are growing longer than the girls decidedly.

BTW I LOVE my turkey babies... just thought I'd throw that in here.

We're building a new turkey enclosure so they'll have a ton of room and a safe fenced paddock to spend time in when they're not ranging.

Sigh.... I have three 10 week old hens. Beautiful and friendly hens, but no tom. I have 14 BR eggs in the 'bator and am hoping for at least one tom
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom