bout how much does one sell a dozen farm fresh eggs?

upstate N.Y. here, so much farm country that $2 a dozen is competitive.. of course i will just be giving my excess away.. the birds are pets first.. :) i would have them no matter the eggs.. :)

$5.00 / Dozen

Local big box grocer sells for more!

I can give you some personal tips. We started getting eggs in Sept. where do you live? Prices vary upon location, types of chicken living (free range/ coop/ pastured & cost of feed), the need for your eggs (if there are egg selling at every home, you'd have to compete with that) and where would you sell them to get a profit.
We were charging more than dropped due to more customers coming to us & we give discounts. Returning customers & returning egg cartons. We are in Ohio.
Dozen eggs $3.50 and 3$ discount
18 eggs 4.00 3.50 discount
I sell many 2-3 dozen eggs as well, it all works out in the end. Another pointer is when someone asks for eggs, those eggs are claimed to that person. For example a lady from Dr office said she needed 2 dozen eggs a week in advance, no matter who else needed eggs; those 2 dozen eggs we collected were hers. Also a pharmacist went on vacation but mentioned she'd need eggs this week, those eggs were hers and she greatly appreciated this.

I have only bought eggs for over the past 10 years if I have known the owners and their chooks and know that the chooks are loved and looked after.

Here in Victoria Australia - I have paid up to $6 a dozen.

3 months ago - a long time dream came true.

Now I have 3 chooks of my own, Rescue battery hens. and I get between 2 to 3 eggs a day.

I don't sell my eggs. They are priceless. I have more eggs than my family can eat - so its the best of family and friends that get my Chooks presents.

Betty, May and Lucy are very happy in their retirement home.

Even the cat loves them.

That poor rooster. I bet he's happy when the sun sets :)
I have 5 golden comets of which 3 are laying at nineteen weeks.
In my town in CT, I have seen 3 homes with eggs for $3. a dozen. They put the eggs in a cooler at the end of the driveway with a box to leave the money. GC

Lol, I was thinking when I adopted a flock of 15, 12 standard hens, 2 bantam hens and one super tiny bantam Serema! Coming to my house I said he's either going to be thinking thank goodness finally some help or hell no you don't! Um it was the hell no you don't!

I'm far north in Washington state! We get anywhere from 7-10 plus a dozen. Sometimes more and sometimes less. I think it helps that this area the community is pro farmers and farming though. Huge farming for centuries.

Although some compare eggs to Wal-Mart etc. I finally found there's such a huge difference in farm fresh and store bought after we started a veggie garden for fun and raising byc! I'll never go back unless I absolutely have no choice!

Farmers put a lot of time and effort into what they do and for most it's their livelihood, so should my circumstances ever change then I'll support the local farmers within my community before anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom