Bow legged 7 week old lamb. Any suggestions?

dkosh

Songster
9 Years
Jul 6, 2010
Eastern MA
I have already posted on back yard herds without any response yet so I thought I would ask my fellow chicken lovers.

I have noticed that one of my orphan twins has started to walk bow legged. He wasn't born that way and his sister is fine. This has started about a week or so ago. His hooves are fine and when he lays down the legs are nice and straight. When he stands up, walks and runs he looks weak in the front and his legs bow out. He gets pleanty of exercise. I'm not sure what is causing it or how I can correct it. Any suggestions?

I had a baby llama born premature and her legs started to bow, I gave her a dose of a vit E /selemium orange gel I got from Jeffers for goats. She looks normal now.mMy friend had a goat kid with bowed back legs, she gave it some gel and they straightened up well. I know nothing about sheep, but for $8 for a big syringe it's worth a shot.

I found some the syringe with the gel at the local feed store. I'm going to give it a try. I'll post the results as they come in. Thanks everyone for taking the time to help.

I have a three week old lamb borned bow legged bad very bad walks on side of feet I have gave every thing all vitamin b d e and the seleme past no help now I have made her some make shift spits for her legs don't know if this will help or not eats good kneels bend out on both side any help would be great

Back
Top Bottom