BOX FULL of pure breed eggs for sale....CHEAP!!

Sigh...I was hoping they'd arrive today but they didn't. Surely they'll be here tomorrow. I am so excited. Can anybody tell me, what do I do with them when they arrive? Put them in the incubator immediately when I get home (by which time they will have sat on the doorstep for some time...) or wait 24 hours. I saw somewhere to wait 24 hours to let the yolks settle or something. Is that for real?
Claire

My box of eggs from Leah are now in the bator also. when they arrive, unwrap them and put them in empty egg cartons with the large side up...pointy side down in the carton. Leave them for 6-8 hours to allow the aircell to settle at the large end.

I have now started sanitizing my eggs after doing a fair amount of research....I dip them in warm (warmer than the egg) 3% hydrogen peroxide for about 30 seconds, then lay them on paper towels to dry...THEN i put them in the cartons and wait the 6-8 hours before putting them in. Bacterial infections kill a lot of developing embryos and is one of the primary reasons for poor hatches.

Good luck!!!
smile.png

Hi everyone....new baby girl is here! Happy and healthy. We are back in business with egg production, so if anyone still wants eggs, PM me. Thanks for all your thoughts and best wishes!

Leah, Rich, Ainsley and Anneliese

Congrats, leah. Daughter is due end of January and just found out it's another girl. So nice.

I'll have to get you some updated pics of the 'hatchlings' from this spring. The two little barred rock cochin roosters are adorable!

Back
Top Bottom