Boxes to ship birds?

Quote:
I would guess that is the cost for Express shipping. I don't think you can ship anything Express for $30 anymore, especially with the additional cost for a new box and biofilters.

Jody

Jody,
That was the box cost....then the express shipping was extra. I knew it sounded quite expensive for a shipping box, even if it is a *special* box.

Maybe the sellers (not on BYC) were trying to re-coop their auction/paypal fees or something?? dunno....

Anyway, I plan to stay here at the BYC for all of my chicken needs!

Wow, that is expensive just for the single box cost. Altho some boxes (nest type) are upwards of $25 or more. Depends on what the sellers are shipping. Single stalls average about $10 a box and can ship 1 standard size and 2 bantam size grown chickens comfortably.

We used nest boxes for a large order of a flock of bantams. They hold up to 10 bantams per box and if I recall were $75 for 2 boxes (without the shipping cost). I don't think the buyer believed me on the cost, so I forwarded the paypal invoice which showed what I paid.

It all adds up and is what causes most to back out of buying live birds. The end cost can be outrageous for most and it all depends on how bad you want something.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom