Boxes to ship birds?

amyquilt

Serama Mama
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Amarillo, TX
What type of boxes are used to ship live birds? Where can you get them??

I've seen some sellers that require you to send them a box...just curious what types and where people get them.

TIA!

Hello, You can purchase some nice New USPS approved adult poultry shipping boxes from Horizon, the leader in live shipping containers. They measure 18"H x 18"L x 8"W 250 lb. test white cardboard. With "Live Animals" printed in bright red letters to let all handlers know that they contain precious cargo. Each box comes with a filter kit ready to glue in. Sturdy plastic handles & a water resistant interior coating make for a strong re-usable shipping box. Easy assembly instructions printed on each box. Angled sides & gabled roof move heat up & away from birds & help prevent blocking of ventilation.
adultbox.jpg

Look them up on ovabid.com

Thank you!

Last edited:
$9.95+ shipping each....that's good.

I've seen some people add $30-50 for a box to ship a pair or trio of young birds.....ridiculous!

I've seen some people add $30-50 for a box to ship a pair or trio of young birds.....ridiculous!

I would guess that is the cost for Express shipping. I don't think you can ship anything Express for $30 anymore, especially with the additional cost for a new box and biofilters.

Jody​

Back
Top Bottom