Boy? Girl? Update, more pics

emvickrey

ChowDown Silkie Farm
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Hornbeak, Tennessee
I have been searching for a white Silkie roo and my only white silkie let me take this picture. I have a feeling it's a boy? Am I right or wrong.
whitesilkie.jpg

By emvickrey at 2010-10-17
Here are the added pics
p1018101411.jpg

By emvickrey at 2010-10-18
p1018101423.jpg

By emvickrey at 2010-10-18

Last edited:
I'm definitely not a silkie expert- they are tough sometimes! Can you see any waddles? (sp?) I had a pair for a few weeks, and the little roo started showing waddles quite early, and the pullet did not.

Looks roo-ish to me by the comb, but we would need more pics to give a better guess. Are there streamers on the back of the head?

It is 6 months old and there is another in the silkie pen that is a hatch mate and it is crowing. His comb is lightly larger than this white one and his feathers have came out alot sooner than the others. Sometimes I think the white one is getting streamers then the coating falls off and it doesn't look like streamers anymore. I'll get more pics when I catch him in the pen. They have the day out free ranging and will not let me touch them right now. They take their freedom days seriously.
roll.png
I will get some more pics posted as soon as I can. I sure hope this one is a roo because I really need a white one. I've been looking for one but I think I need to hold off on my search till I know what this one is.

Back
Top Bottom