Boy that was a mistake!

Our old cat loved cat nip so much, had to be stored very carefully to make sure she didn't find it. She would roll all over it and DROOL, the toy would be a warm soppy mess
sickbyc.gif

Our new cats could care less. I told the kids, wait till you see this, gave the kids cat nip toys and
th.gif

no response, oh well.

Glad your cat is having fun, I love that, cheap entertainment.

Before Bug, only our siamese would use a scratching post. KiKi's favorite scatching post has tightly wound rope up the pole. She occasionallly gets a claw stuck in the rope. All we see is a cat running around the house with a scatching post attached. We have to chase her down and remove her claw. I tried replacing the post, but it's her favorite.

We use Kosmic Kitty Katnip. Our cats are total addicts. We have an old sock that we put the nip in and tie a knot. That will keep them entertained til they pass out!!!

I did the whole fresh catnip both last year and this year. My cats went bonkers over it, every time I would bring it in DH would say "Getting the cats high again I see." gotta love cheap entertainment.

I keep my catnip in a tin box. And in a cupboard up high, just in case Smudge (or any of the other cats I've had) can actually smell it through the tin. Once I found Smudge in the middle of the floor, hugging the catnip tin. Scratch marks on it indicated he either smells residual catnip on it, or tin is not that great a barrier to the scent.

I grew catnip for a while, and may grow it again. The chickens don't seem to destroy it as much as other potted plants. Smudge would nose it sometimes on the plant, but there were always enough of the leaves to crush one and drop it in the middle of the floor and watch him get silly.

Back
Top Bottom