boys or boy and girl

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LuLuBelle, Jun 9, 2009.

1. LuLuBelle

LuLuBelle Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    I took this picture the other day, I think the gray one is a boy and the black one is a girl? What do you think or are these silkies too young to tell?

[​IMG]

2. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Songster

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    Silkies are so hard to sex. You may want to wait a while longer. Like until one starts crowing! *kidding*

[​IMG]

I have some that are quite a bit older than these and I'm just beginning to tell them apart, but still can't be sure.

3. georgialee

georgialee Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    The blue definitely looks like a boy.. you'll have to wait a bit longer on the black one. [​IMG]

4. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Songster

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Oh, sexing silkies, fun. lol. I still am not possitive what my own are. However, I have to agree with you on the guess of their genders. But, I would wait it out to just to be sure.

Good luck with your birdies,
    Jamie

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  5. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Songster

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Blue: Cockerel
    Black: Pullet

6. LuLuBelle

LuLuBelle Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    Thank you... They are very funny, if you hold one with out the other they each get very upset and call for the other one. So you either hold neither of them or both of them, if you hold both of them they are totally fine.

I personally think they are a couple, but I guess you are right, time will tell.

Thanks for everyones opinions [​IMG]

7. LuLuBelle

LuLuBelle Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    Oh and what's the difference between blue and gray? Are they two different colors when they are older? Sorry. Still learning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: