Boy or girl???

J-Habs

Chirping
Aug 28, 2023
These 2 were hatched about 2 1/2 weeks ago from the same hen (Red Sex Link) and rooster (F4 Olive Egger) and I thought for sure the one on the left was a boy and the one on the right was a girl. The one on the left is significantly larger and developed its wing and tail feathers much later than the one on the right. Everything pointed to it being a cockeral. However, a few days ago the smaller one who got its feathers much earlier all of a sudden had a good sized comb, while the larger one does not! I'm confused! Who's a boy, and who's a girl?
1000008654.jpg
or girl???

Could you post a pic of their back so I cann see their tails? What are their personalities like?

Thanks, I'm gonna say both boys. Sometimes in my experience one cockeral will develope in different places first but they'll catch up!

I was really hoping for at least 1 of them to be a girl. It's such a different mix than what you normally see. Maybe I'll revisit this in a month or so and get your opinion then. The longer wing and tail feathers consistent with all the other females in the bunch leaves me thinking there is still hope it's a female.

Absolutely! Ask me anytime! It's always hard so sex them at that age. I hope you get what your hoping for!

Back
Top Bottom