Boys Or Girls?? I'm kinda a beginner..any help would be appreciated :)

Drea_Dee

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Chickensthreeweeksold008.jpg

I got them from a breeder who has some pretty neat chickens!!! she has land with almost any kinda chicken you can think of!! I got them when they were one week old and they will be 4 weeks next wednesday!! she told me one is a buff orpington and one is a sex link..I can tell which the buff orpington is but which kind of sex link is the one with two different colors?? the sex is the most important thing because if its a roo I won't be able to keep it because I live in the city and neighbors might complain!! so I would have to take it back to the breeder and it would live on the farm with the other chickens.. but I'm getting too attached to want to let either one of them go
sad.png
I would take them back to ask the breeder what sex they are but its kind of a ways a way.. thanks for your help everyone!!!

Chickensthreeweeksold009.jpg

Can't tell ya the gender of the orp, but the sexlink is female, a male would be white with a few brown flecks on the back.
Looks like some sort of red sex-link to me, there are so many dif. combos as how to make a red sexlink(which all kinda look pretty much the same), I cannot tell you what combo that one was used to make it. Had to be a red roo over a hen that carried a silver gene, thats all I know.

Thank you so much for your help!!!! here are some better pictures if that can help anyone tell more for the other one
smile.png
Mille is the buff and Phyllis is the sex link..They both have so much personality and are such a joy..people underestimate how amazing chickens are! *FYI* the water isn't dirty it just had some broiler booster in it lol thanks again everyone!!!! I feel like i'm learning so much more of this awesome site
big_smile.png

Chickensthreeweeksold003.jpg

Chickensthreeweeksold004.jpg

I'm leaning towards girl on the buff as well if it is a pure bred buff orp.

By 4 wks, the combs were much darker and larger on my BO boys I hatched out in Dec. Hope I'm right!

Enjoy your girls!!

Thats what I was hoping!!! I'm already so attached to them and it would break my heart to have to let one of them go!! phew.. I feel much better now
smile.png
thank you guys again

Back
Top Bottom