boys or girls - silkie chicks - 15 weeks old

they are probably pure bred just pet quality. I wouldn't breed them with a single comb or wrong toe number. But for pets they are just prefect if you are happy with them.
wink.png

Looks like 3 roosters and one pullet to me. We have 8 hens to 6 roosters- not ideal for the hens- the roosters get along without much fighting but they grew up together.

The second pic looks like the only girl. Never seen a silkie with a single comb before. I have 5 silkie roos in together, most of the time they get on fine and stick to the pecking order. Occasionally they'll have a big bust up and fight for a few days but they soon settle down again. I've had no serious injuries unlike roos of some other breeds which will keep on fighting until death.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]Young cockerels get along okay but once hormones kick in 6 roosters and only 5 hen is not so great. Your hens will be over bred and the coop will be stressful. I would find homes for 5, Or keep a bachelor pad with no hens in sight. The math is one rooster for approx. ten hens. The three EE roosters could really hurt the bantam silkie hen when breeding.

Last edited:
Also EE roosters could really hurt Silkie roosters. Everything will seem okay and then one day someone will catch another rooster breeding "his" girl and all hell will break loose. You need to ask yourself why did I buy chicken? Usually most would say eggs.. Some dinner. Feeding 6 roosters that dont produce eggs and stress out the hens is not something I'd do but I totally understand as we love our chickens.

Back
Top Bottom