boys or girls - silkie chicks - 15 weeks old

Also EE roosters could really hurt Silkie roosters. Everything will seem okay and then one day someone will catch another rooster breeding "his" girl and all hell will break loose. You need to ask yourself why did I buy chicken? Usually most would say eggs.. Some dinner. Feeding 6 roosters that dont produce eggs and stress out the hens is not something I'd do but I totally understand as we love our chickens.
i'm hoping not...they have basically grown up together (minus the 3 week age difference). they are currently free ranging together and all go into the coop together...and SO FAR they leave each other alone....
i'm stuck with 3 of the EE roos because my kids named them (they were originally thought to be girls....)...but i could part with the 3 silkie roos. I would just need to find a home for them...

You know it just might work but I wouldn't. I do not have much experience with Silkies and as far as EE my experience is the Roos are generally good with humans but some are really hard on the ladies. Keep an eye out for hens hiding and raw backs. Good luck! I hope it works out well for you. :)

Guys.. There is a very simple solution to this issue of so many roosters..

Wait for it...

wait for it..

BUY MORE HENS! :D

My silkies get along with my EEs. Really it all depends on the individual chicken. They may get along forever, they may not. I do know that those girls will suffer though. You need more girls!

Guys.. There is a very simple solution to this issue of so many roosters..
Wait for it...
wait for it..
BUY MORE HENS!
big_smile.png

My silkies get along with my EEs. Really it all depends on the individual chicken. They may get along forever, they may not. I do know that those girls will suffer though. You need more girls!
Oh most definitely - i'm already planning on more hens!
lol.png

(but i figured that waiting until spring would be the best bet)

Back
Top Bottom