BR Chicks from Speckledhen, My Phoenix and updated Favorelle Pics!!!!

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
Here are my 2 Barred Rock chicks I hatched from Cyn's eggs

First one-Back
P1010006d.jpg

First one -Front
P1010005c.jpg

Second one -Back
P1010004b.jpg

Second one-Front
P1010003a.jpg

Favorelle from bantyman
P1010010c.jpg

Phoenix Chick
P1010008a.jpg

According to THIS!!! (a guide to sexing BR and dominique chicks) your first chick is a girl (blackish shanks, little solid head mark), and the second is a boy(yellowish shanks, large frosty spot on head)...

VERY CUTE <3

I have some of bantyman's Faverolles, too (3 pullets, 4 roos about 2 months old). They just get cuter by the day and have great personalities. It's just a matter of days to be able to sex them because of the color difference between males and females. Do you just have the one SF chick or are there more?

Quote:
Good guide. This method not 100% accurate, however. I've had at least a couple of girls, especially one, that had boy markings. And a boy that had more girly markings. I want to add one trait to that. You really must take all three traits together to make a determination, then take your results with a grain of salt. The down color on the pullets is very black, whereas on the cockerels, it's more "frosty", to use their word. Overall, males are a tad lighter, even at the down stage. When they feather out, they look more silvery.
My Lexie, whom everyone knows, had a huge, splotchy headspot, lighter legs and was VERY silvery as a chick. She is the mother of many chicks now.

Back
Top Bottom