BR experts: any guesses on this chick?

Sunburnt

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 8, 2009
NH
I've seen some very good advice on sexing BR's on here....if anyone would like to take a guess at my BR in the pic below. I don't know why I am convinced he's a roo, when the others could very well be!
roll.png

Anyone who takes a gander, thanks a bunch for looking.

The folks we bought them from were so enthusistic and city folk so it was nice to be reassured.

Thanks for the welcome and here are my new chicks (thanks for helping me figure out how to upload):

33741_br_6-8-09.jpg

33741_br.jpg

33741_br_6-8-09_2.jpg

33741_rir.jpg

33741_6-7-09.jpg

I have read that female Barred Rocks have darker fronts of the legs then males.
Yours seems to be lookin like a male, being that its legs are pretty colorless.
Here is a picture of my Barred Rock chick, Norris ( I am pretty sure she is a female)

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

I am wondering why her markings are more yellow then white, like they should be...
(possibly a cross of some sort...)

Last edited:
Yes, I did some looking online at pics/advice so I am eyeing that chick right now.
sad.png
I will have to return it if it's a boy.
sad.png

Thanks for the input...your chick is very different.
hmm.png

Quote:

Males feather out alot slower than the females, and I read that the spots on the top of their heads are alot fainter on males than females...although I just read that somewhere, it's just a theory. Yours looks like it is probably a male though.

At first, I thought Norris was a boy, but then I found that the legs are usually darker in females. I took a look at Norris and found that her legs were pretty dark.

I'm sorry.
sad.png
Is there any way you could keep a male?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom