Bra incubation

Pics
I'm doing it with skin contact, for the best possible chance, attempting what Mama hen would do, with her brooding patch, which is the bald area they make when they pluck feathers from their breast for direct body heat.
Heya! When I did this last, I talked to several experts and the consensus was that a tissue or toilet paper layer is essential for keeping the egg separate from skin oils, and also for providing a small layer or air for the chick. Good luck!

ded that the egg breathes Heya! When I did this last, I talked to several experts and the consensus was that a tissue or toilet paper layer is essential for keeping the egg separate from skin oils, and also for providing a small layer or air for the chick. Good luck!
Tissue and TP has chemicals and/or deodorant/freshner properties which could be absorbed by the egg thru it's normal processes. Not good...IMHO.

A clean ...non dyed thin white cotton cloth rinsed in hydrogen peroxide...naturally dried, loosely applied......should be considered. We are reminded...the egg shell is porous and absorbs it s environment.... thus the need for humidity. Unless u are a perspiring athlete in training .....providing humidity could be a challenge. Area of the human body should be kept void of any deodorant/soap residue .......at all times.

Just some thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom