Brabanter or Ancona? What to choose?

Bring

Songster
10 Years
Jul 16, 2009
New Mexico
Which one would you choose? I want a bird that's good looking as well as lays frequently, large eggs, and doesn't go broody every week. I'm having a hard time deciding. I like the idea that I would be helping the Brabanters make a come back but is there a high demand for fertile eggs or chicks? Anyway, all opinions welcome.

Why not both
big_smile.png

I have 2 Anconas, a rooster and hen, in my mixed flock of 19. The hen has never gone broody and seems to lay lots of white eggs. The rooster has tons of character and does a lot of talking, which is really entertaining. Sorry I don't have any experience with the Brabanters. One caution: my Anconas are very flighty and don't like to be picked up. But that may have been due to lack of taming on my part. Good luck!
smile.png

I have an ancona and i thinks she's beautiful. they do lay good white eggs and don't go broody too much. The only downside to her is that she doesn't really like to be near people but i didn't get to spend a lot of time with them as chicks. if you handle them a lot when young they should be good. hope that helped.

Back
Top Bottom