brabanters?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by foxhollowmama, Feb 24, 2009.

1. foxhollowmama

foxhollowmama New Egg

Feb 24, 2009
    Where can I get some brabanter chicks? I'd need them mailed to Missouri...

2. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I think Ideal has them, and Hand Poultry has hatching eggs.

3. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    Actually Ideal only has Gold Brabanters at the moment they're supplier on the Creams is having some problems!

But Ideal would be my answer too! for the moment

4. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Hmmmmmmmm. I've got cream brabanters on order from Ideal -- they'd better not back out on me!

5. braindead101

braindead101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2011
    Midwest.
    Hmmm, interesting to note that Cream Brabanter suppliers for Ideal are having problems. I talked with the manager at Ideal yesterday and he said they have all their own flocks on premises. One of us has been lied to. My dd ordered some Cream Brabanters from Ideal and we had very heavy losses. Ideal replaced them only to have more losses. Those packing peanuts sure are robust though. After talking with Ideal I decided I didn't want a third order of dead chicks. Those poor babies were smaller than bantam chicks we've hatched.

6. showmesilkies

showmesilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Central Missouri
    My Coop
    Understandably this is an older post but I raise the cream/creme Brabanters. I sell hatching eggs, chicks, etc. Wonderful breed of chicken! I have four from H&H out of Texas. I have been on the waiting list with Ideal for 3 years and they seem to always be "sold out" to the public.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by