Braggs Mountain Buffs

I have seen them for sale in Poultry Press but I don't know anyone who has any. Surely out of all the people on the board someone has some

Its seems like someone would have tried them. I know they are expensive. And they wouldn't still be in business if no one is buying them. Karen

I thought I would revive this thread and see if anyone has any experience with the Braggs Mountain Buffs?
It has been six months since the last post about this. Anyone have any updates on this breed?

Last edited:
I've heard about it on Poultry Press but no, I dont have any nor know of anyone that has them. Maybe someone should give them a call and give their input on their Braggs Mtn Buffs.

They're in the Backyard Poultry mag too, but I've never heard of anyone with them either. They have a web site but no pics of their birds. That's a little odd.

Jody

I just joined the forum today, in order to respond to this posting and some others here... with that being said...

We've owned BMGBs for almost 10 months now.

They are incredible birds... they've adapted well to Michigan weather and once this molting issue is resolved, we'll get back to getting eggs.
I'm not sure as to the final size we achieve as they were just starting to lay pullet eggs, but we're hoping to see some really large eggs once they start again.

We have found that based on the size of the hens and roosters, that the price was more than worth it. Our only issue with the hatchery is that we don't get to specify... he will only send out straight runs.

We ordered 25 to begin with, and due to some issues with hawks and a couple of mink, we ended up with 15 left... 9 hens and 6 roosters. We've since culled the roosters down to the best 2 for the features that we want to pass on.

Avg weight of the ones we harvested was approx. 7 1/2 - 8# at 9 months old.

I will let you all know about the size of the eggs once all this freezing weather subsides (it's affecting all of my birds at this point... 7 different heritage breeds in addition to the BMGBs).

Hope this helps...
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom