Braggs Mountain Buffs

We kept one older and one young rooster along with four hens. It seems both roosters are infertile. We will therefore not have any Braggs to offer to those that had expressed interest. We have now placed a Bosque rooster in with the Braggs hens and are getting fertile eggs. We will breed some of these and then hopefully get a nice rooster to go back to the hens. The reason we have decided to do anything at all with the hens is because of the huge egg size.

How big are they compared to other regular breeds (ie Leghorns, RIR, BR, BO) I realize they are big, but it's like looking at a hummer RC car and a real hummer with a white background, you see that they are hummers, but you don't know how big they are compared to other cars.

Look back through the posts, I weighed the rooster a while back and posted. Their feet and legs are where you notice the size difference with these birds. We have a number of large breeds including Marans of various varities. Some of the Marans are bigger than some of the Braggs but the Braggs eggs are much larger than any other we have had. I am not recommending this breed even though we will continue to mess with it a while.

When do hens get to POL? The reason I'm asking is there's a CL ad for 20 of them for $200, a little expensive, but I wanted to know the details behind them.

When do hens get to POL? The reason I'm asking is there's a CL ad for 20 of them for $200, a little expensive, but I wanted to know the details behind them.
I cannot answer this question. If you will read some of the earlier posts you will see many red flags about the purchase of these birds. I do not know the source of your intended purchase but if it is someone in TX, beware. Do yourself a favor and read through here before you decide to buy. If you do get them, hope you have great luck! Then let us all know how it went as well as the age of POL etc.

I cannot answer this question. If you will read some of the earlier posts you will see many red flags about the purchase of these birds. I do not know the source of your intended purchase but if it is someone in TX, beware. Do yourself a favor and read through here before you decide to buy. If you do get them, hope you have great luck! Then let us all know how it went as well as the age of POL etc.
Ended up deciding to help out the local 4H'ers and buying a bunch of their hens.

Hey Folks,

Here is my situation with the 100 BMB chicks I had ordered back in February. After calling the number listed on the website, it goes right to the mailbox with the mailbox full message. I searched the web all over and found a business info site that had a number to the owner David listed. So the day before the chicks were to be shipped I had called him and he said "I was just going to call you" Anyway he said that he would not be able to send the chick now till spring due to the Texas heat limiting the hens egg supply. I was very disappointed and told him my frustration with the way he was handling this situation, I told him there’s no way to contact anyone from the site by email, or the phone and the mailbox is full, cashing the check and not sending any chicks or contacting me with updates. I asked if he was truly ever planning to ship me the chicks and he took great offense to that, stating never to call a Texan a liar. After that I simple asked him to please return my check and call me when you have some available. He said he would and I will be at the top off his list. It has now been two weeks and still I have not seen my returned check.

He did say several times he would be able to get me some chicks in the spring, so I guess I will wait.
To be continued…

This seems to be the trend with this guy, I have heard this same story over and over. If you take a person's money, with a promise to deliver goods or services and then do not deliver upon the promise...that is fraud.

I don't care if he is a Texan, in the eyes of the law this is fraud and he is a criminal...plain and simple.
hmm.png

Last edited:
What's going on with group you sold to another person?
Are they breeding them?
Did they have a Rooster to go with their hens?

Back
Top Bottom