Brahma Buff Columbia

Whew! When you first posted, I thought, "Oh no!" I have a light brahma that looks just like yours, & they are saying cockerel! I'm so relieved they are now saying pullet
1f60a.png
. Yay for both of us!

Do you have a picture of yours?

I was doubtful of mine because on another forum 2 people told me for sure I have a rooster. They said the sadle feathers already were visible at below pics (13 weeks)

Because of this I will be doubtful till she lays an egg!

Whew! When you first posted, I thought, "Oh no!" I have a light brahma that looks just like yours, & they are saying cockerel! I'm so relieved they are now saying pullet
1f60a.png
. Yay for both of us!
Or maybe we both have roosters (lets hope not)
sad.png
They indeed look-alike.
Especially the browner/orange patches on my chicken is worrying. Brahma Buff Columbia hens are normally a very light uniform colour..
hu.gif

guys I just saw some very short dark orange feathers under his current feathers (they were blown by the wind). So it seems it is probably not a pullet after all !

Unbelievable how they are so slow to develop compared to other breeds. He is now 18 weeks and the gender is still not clearly visible but now I'm 99% sure it's a rooster.
Luckily the breeder said I can change it for a pullet, but I'll wait a bit till it's completely clear it's a rooster.
New photos:

Last edited:
Ugh! I'm having the same problem. All of mine look like roosters to me. Why do Brahma have to be so difficult to sex?! I was told that if their pea comb has 3 distinct rows it's a roo. But all of them look like they have 3 rows to me. Dries86, yours looks like it might be getting some pointed tail feathers so I'm leaning toward cockerel. Mine are only 9 weeks so I have a long wait to know for sure. This one I'm almost positive is a roo. He feathered in MUCH slower than the rest.

You can see the difference in tails in this pic. He? is in the front. Has a much smaller tail. Hers is bigger and has rounded feathers.

Back
Top Bottom