Brahma cant get into or out of coop

Fixed now to get her to use it consistently.... She couldn't figure out how to get off her new lower roost this morning....

We put in a different roost just for her 2x2 and she posted fine I had to put her up and down.... She walks and even jumps and glides a bit just fine......I can't figure her out .......

I've had hens for whom I had to modify perches continue to be wary of hopping off after getting the new, lower perch. I think it's a conditioning thing where they continue to expect to have pain and trouble dismounting.

I have a heavy Sussex hen who refuses to hop off a perch just ten inches off the floor, remaining there until I see her and give her a nudge. She absolutely refuses to hop down from the high perch, and waits for me to lift her down.

What can I say? My chickens treat me as staff.

If your Brahma walks with a limp, you might check the foot pads. My Brahmas have deep dimples where stones get embedded. That's gotta hurt some.

No limp.... Have checked her legs feet wings and she moves normally . Since I have only had her a few weeks I guess she and I will just have to come to an agreement at some point....she is at the bottom of the pecking order for now so she might be getting bullied at night when I can't see. But doesn't have any missing feathers for such.

Back
Top Bottom