Brahma chick question

CompassPoint

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 4, 2014
Bainbridge, OH
So, I ordered 3 buff brahmas (in addition to a bunch of other chicks). They threw in an extra "packing peanut" and after a couple of days, I figured out it was a Brahma as well. However, it looks quite a bit different in color than the other 3. It does not look like pictures of Light or Dark Brahmas (the only other 2 types of Brahmas they have listed for sale).
Is it just a color variation on this one chick? Or? The face is very much the same color as the 3, but the back is extremely light compared to the other 3.

Pictures coming in next post as I have to get on my phone to upload them here.

first set of pics...it's the one closest to the camera in the first picture, furthest right/butt facing camera in the 2nd picture. The chick facing it in that one is what the other three all look like.third picture--back right corner chick.

2nd set of pictures
right next to my hand in the first, the 2nd picture shows one of the three that all look the same/have the darker backs

The hatchery I got them from does not sell Cochin. I was thinking light brahma too, but s/he doesn't look like any pictures I've seen of day olds (that's about what point these pictures were taken)

I'm a bit more awake today. I'm positive it's a Brahma as that was the only feather footed breed the hatchery has listed. It also has a very orange face, like the other three, light brahma chicks seem to have a buttery yellow colored face.

Back
Top Bottom