Brahma Chickens-leg problems

Fiona Feathers

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 17, 2012
I have 2 Brahma's: a buff and a white one. They are 3 months old. Two weeks ago the large white one showed up walking on the side of her leg and kind of on the hock. I have used organic chicken feed form the time they were 1 week old and they get alot of vegetable and fruit scraps . I don't know if this is a leg injury or a genetic /growth problem. Any ideas? I actually have a golden
Wyndotte that did this at 4 weeks old. She still hops around, eats and drinks but is not as heavy as this chicken.

I have no clue what it is. I just wanted to say a few things first off
welcome-byc.gif
. Second off that is a light brahma not a white brahma. I really hope your bird gets better.

That looks like some of the worst splayed leg I've ever seen. You should seriously consider some Broiler gel and high calcium and try to help the poor fella - its not right to let him move around like that - its gotta be painful.

Thank you for your replys. These are my first chickens. I had thought of euthanizing the hurt chicken but will try to do more for it first.I did give a vitamin supplement and some garlic/scratch/olive oil mix, which someone else had mentioned to try. Just wasn't sure if it was an injury or a growth problem. It does look painful but it is not as friendly as my other one and hard to catch !!!! Where can I find broiler gel. Only places around here is Co-Op and a Tractor Supply.
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom