Brahma chickies at 6.5 weeks old

Go figure the kids favorites are 6,7, and 8. We were only planning on keeping 1 roo but looks like we may end up with at least two and finding homes for the others. If they’re handled a lot and grow up together I guess its okay to have 2 Roos in a flock?

Go figure the kids favorites are 6,7, and 8. We were only planning on keeping 1 roo but looks like we may end up with at least two and finding homes for the others. If they’re handled a lot and grow up together I guess its okay to have 2 Roos in a flock?
Not always things can change with them when hormones kick in and u will need plenty of hens u could have 2 seperate flocks to avoid conflict but again will need plenty hens for each roo as hens can be killed if overmated to much xx how many hens do u have? Also please bare in mind if these are siblings hatching eggs could have issues with genetics,xx

Not always things can change with them when hormones kick in and u will need plenty of hens u could have 2 seperate flocks to avoid conflict but again will need plenty hens for each roo as hens can be killed if overmated to much xx how many hens do u have? Also please bare in mind if these are siblings hatching eggs could have issues with genetics,xx
I’m not sure which are related in this batch because we got them from a farmer who has several flocks, we wouldn’t be hatching any of their eggs though. We have 7 adult hens currently, and 20 young chickies so far this year that are tbd on gender (these brahmas are the oldest 10).

Back
Top Bottom