Brahma or cochin???

Jdc361

Songster
8 Years
Feb 14, 2015
i was wondering if I should get a brahma or cochin?!!! Why? Is there anything different between buff brahma and light brahma besides color?!

There really is no difference between them unless they are bantam and Large fowl differences in which it'd be size. Really the only difference should be color, although some people make it seem like more.

Are you only getting one? If not why not get both? You won't have to choose.

There is no difference between Buff and Light Brahmas other than the color variation. I've had both Brahmas and Cochins over the years and which is better depends on what you want in a chicken. Both are huge birds with very calm and gentle temperaments. My children made lap pets of both breeds. The Brahmas seem to be a little quieter breed although neither of them are noisy (as chickens go). Brahmas are better layers, but Cochins are usually the superior brooders and mothers. As Twistedfeather suggested, perhaps you could get both breeds. They will mix well together. Hope this helps.

Ok is there any temperate difference between the bantams and standard size?!

I think the large fowl Brahmas tend to be gentler across the board, where as the little ones can be a bit fiester, in some lines. In a cold weather climate the Brahmas are much less likely to have any frostbite issues than Cochins.

I think the large fowl Brahmas tend to be gentler across the board, where as the little ones can be a bit fiester, in some lines.  In a cold weather climate the Brahmas are much less likely to have any frostbite issues than Cochins.

Ok sounds good

Back
Top Bottom