1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brahma Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KalikoFarms, Oct 31, 2011.

1. KalikoFarms

KalikoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Why arent there any threads discussing the Brahma's? Just curious I have purchased a pair and just wanted information from other breeders.
    Thanks
    Rita

2. Homegroanacres

Homegroanacres Chillin w/the Ice in my Glass

Apr 10, 2008
    Salem, Oregon
    I have been wondering the same thing!

Spent the last half hour looking and ran across this [​IMG]

Maybe someone will (or a bunch of someones) see this!!

John [​IMG]

3. Rabbitlover1

Rabbitlover1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2016
    Some were on this earth.
    I found this thread as I was looking for AKA substitute chicken breeds. So hears my little story.--- My family is seriously considering getting chickens, and since me and my sister will be in charge of them we are going to be the ones who pick the breeds(if we get them). Our breeds were EE SS and Campines. So yesterday we went to TSC and although I wasn't surprised........no campines[​IMG]. So I looked at the breeds they will get in at any time and two of them caught my eye Welsumers and Brahmas. So hear is my question-are Brahams good layer (do they lay well in the winter/hole year and do they have a long prim laying period, and better then welsumers) are they really big(how much do they weigh and how tall are they on average) oh yeah and do they do well in confinement and with other birds(EE,SS).I probably should of made my own thread but I thought I would just ask since there are already Brahma owners here. Sorry for all the questions also,I tend to ask a lot.

P.S sorry if I'm messing up your thread.

4. Rabbitlover1

Mar 20, 2016
    Some were on this earth.
    Wait one more question- I could use some picks of Brahma chicks and the adult birds please,I really like they buff ones(I think that is what their called)so I need the chick pics of toughs the most.

5. ceceuu

ceceuu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2014
    Quote:My Light Brahma was one of the best winter layers of my 6 other variety of hens (I have 8 total). She is a good layer all year round - her eggs are large, light brown. She is huge and beautiful, gentle with the other birds. I just got 5 babies and two of them are Brahmas. One is a Dark Brahma and one is a Buff. I like them.

6. Rabbitlover1

Mar 20, 2016
    Some were on this earth.

7. ncanaday

ncanaday Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2015
    TN
    Is anyone raising brahmas? I am wanting 2 or so to add to our flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by