Brahmas with bloody legs

Tgmcr

Chirping
Jul 29, 2019
over the past 2 days I have noticed 2 different hens with bloody legs. I checked them over and there were no cuts or anything but their legs seemed very dry and scaly. Both of them were my brahmas. none of my other chickens have had this issue...could it be a breed related thing because this breed has feathered legs? Both girls only have a few feathers on their feet, but lots of quills. Could this be scaly leg? I just find it strange that it is just my brahmas.
is there something I can put on them?

Do you have them in with clean legged chickens only? The clean legged chickens might see the feathers and want to get rid of the oddity that seems wrong to them. Which means they would peck the feathers off. Also feathered legs are hard to maintain so they might have gotten caked in mud and so fell off or were removed.

over the past 2 days I have noticed 2 different hens with bloody legs. I checked them over and there were no cuts or anything but their legs seemed very dry and scaly. Both of them were my brahmas. none of my other chickens have had this issue...could it be a breed related thing because this breed has feathered legs? Both girls only have a few feathers on their feet, but lots of quills. Could this be scaly leg? I just find it strange that it is just my brahmas.
is there something I can put on them?
Please post some photos of the legs.

Back
Top Bottom