Brahmas

I have a quad of dark that love the water When I fill their water every day I let the water over run so it makes a puddle They immediately go for it so I wouldnt worry about having puddles in your yard. Mine love them

i am hatching some brahmas. Are they hard to hatch? And/or hard to raise?

I have hatched out over 50 this year. I don't think they are any harder to hatch than any other breed. Would be nice if the hens would go broody when I wanted them to then I wouldn't have to use an incubator but even in the incubator they hatch out well and do well. This time of year I would put them right outside in the barn in a brooder rather than in the house since it's so warm. I have 9 Light Brahmas (1 roo and 8 hens) they are amazing and now I wouldn't be without them.

I am LOVING this thread...I really want some brahma girls! I wouldn't mind having a roo too, but I am thinking about maybe getting some of the swedish flower hens, and I am weird and don't think I would want my birds to cross bread. lol. My dad has anything and everything, and it's very typical in my area of michigan for people to not know what they have and not care...most chicks aren't seperated by sex or breed when our local farm supply store does chick days, but occassionally they will have a couple groups of Wyandottes and RIR, but the rest are "variety straight run." I haven't been able to find a local source for brahma's. :/

I would also like to get some Brahmas but I'd prefer to get show quality birds from a breeder instead of buying from a hatchery.

thanks
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom