Bran' Spankin' New

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HalfCracker, Aug 14, 2016.

1. HalfCracker

HalfCracker New Egg

Aug 14, 2016
    Both here and to chickens. Living on a 2.5 acre fenced property and a number of people in the area have chickens and sell eggs, and I've been looking into whether I'm ready to raise chickens for eggs and possibly meat.

Jeff

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Jeff, and :welcome. Pleased you joined us! I say go for it!! While the entirety of the BYC contains volumes of information, getting into raising a few chickens - for eggs, meat or both, is really pretty simple and straight forward with a little knowledge and prep. A great place to familiarize yourself with the basics is the Learning Center here https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    Read up on the articles here and you will be ready to join in on the fun! Ask any questions you might have along the way. Good luck to you! :)

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Jeff, nice to meet you. There are also threads on BYC regarding: meat birds, and processing (slaughtering, etc.) The easiest way to find something is to put it in the search box. What's available will pop up.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Jeff and welcome to our community. Redsoxs gave you a great link which i hope helps you out.

Good luck

CT

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by