Brand New Chicken Mama Here, Hi All!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CakNH, Mar 13, 2018.

1. CakNH

CakNH In the Brooder

Mar 13, 2018
    Tilton, NH
    Hello all,

I’ve been lurking here for years, devouring information and dreaming about the day that I could raise my own backyard flock. Due to decades of a crazy-long commute to work, and being on-call at all times, I couldn’t possibly commit to caring for chickens. But I could dream about the “someday...”!

Well, that day has finally come. Today I received 15 day-old baby girls (well, I hope they’re all girls. We’ll find out soon enough)!! They all arrived alive, peeping up a storm. I actually had to drive 40 miles each way through a blizzard to get them, because the USPS canceled their truck from the main PO to our local PO. They’re now warming up in the brooder, getting some nourishment, and enjoying their new home.

I’m looking forward to actually interacting with all of you. I’ve learned so much from this site, but now that I have my little peeps, I know I’ll have so many more questions.

Plip, rjohns39, Pork Pie Ken and 5 others like this.
  2. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :welcome:frow Happy :yato have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)
    Congrats on finally getting your flock together! Best wishes.:thumbsup

3. FeatherMtnFarms

FeatherMtnFarms Songster

Sep 13, 2015
    Wyoming
    :welcome@CakNH! Were glad you decided to join!I hope all goes well with your new chicks! You seem to be a very dedicated chicken farmer (officially now!:thumbsup) and that's great! Good luck with your flock and hope to hear from you more!!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G’Day from down under CakNH :frow Welcome and Congratulations! :clap

I am pleased you delurked and hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

5. CakNH

CakNH In the Brooder

Mar 13, 2018
    Tilton, NH
    Thanks for the warm welcome!!

For anyone who can help a newbie out with what seems to be a failing chick, I just posted this:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/day-old-chick-not-thriving.1227245/

I’m not sure if that’s how one links to another thread here? I’m sure it’s not, but I’m on mobile and I’m worried. Any advice is very welcome, as I’ll be up all night with my baby. Thanks in advance.

6. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    CakNH, Plip, rjohns39 and 1 other person like this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    :welcome:yesss:

8. Nyla

Nyla Crowing

Jan 3, 2017
    Northwest, Indiana
    :welcome Glad you could join us! I hope you find all the awesome information you could possibly need and more! And there is soooo Many wonderfully nice and amazing people always ready and willing to help!

9. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC and congrats on fulfilling your dream of owning a flock :thumbsup

CakNH, 007Sean, Plip and 1 other person like this.
  10. rjohns39

rjohns39 Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    Smith County, TN
    Hi and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya
    You've got some good advisers on your other thread best hopes for the little one.

CakNH, 007Sean and Plip like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: