Brand New Chicken Mama Here, Hi All!

CakNH

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2018
Tilton, NH
Hello all,

I’ve been lurking here for years, devouring information and dreaming about the day that I could raise my own backyard flock. Due to decades of a crazy-long commute to work, and being on-call at all times, I couldn’t possibly commit to caring for chickens. But I could dream about the “someday...”!

Well, that day has finally come. Today I received 15 day-old baby girls (well, I hope they’re all girls. We’ll find out soon enough)!! They all arrived alive, peeping up a storm. I actually had to drive 40 miles each way through a blizzard to get them, because the USPS canceled their truck from the main PO to our local PO. They’re now warming up in the brooder, getting some nourishment, and enjoying their new home.

I’m looking forward to actually interacting with all of you. I’ve learned so much from this site, but now that I have my little peeps, I know I’ll have so many more questions.

G’Day from down under CakNH :frow Welcome and Congratulations! :clap

I am pleased you delurked and hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

For anyone who can help a newbie out with what seems to be a failing chick, I just posted this:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/day-old-chick-not-thriving.1227245/

I’m not sure if that’s how one links to another thread here? I’m sure it’s not, but I’m on mobile and I’m worried. Any advice is very welcome, as I’ll be up all night with my baby. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom