Brand new chicken owner!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BCBunnies, May 21, 2011.

1. BCBunnies

BCBunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    My mom has been having trouble with a bobcat getting her adult chickens so she gave me the 4 teenage chickens she had in a seperate cage before they were kitty chow as well. Yay! Chicken math before my ordered chicks even come in! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Will post pics later today of the chickies and the run.[​IMG]

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Welcome to the addiction! It never hurts to get a jump start on your chicken math! Enjoy them, and good luck!

3. BCBunnies

May 6, 2011
    Okay first the coop. It was already built but hasn't been used in about 4-5 years. I've cleaned it out a bit and I put gravel down over the dirt floor then added sand for drainage. And we moved a few pieces of dead wood in for them to play on since it only has one roost pole.
    [​IMG]

And here are my girls (I think one is a roo the blue headed one?) I think I have a RIRx [​IMG] (def not my favorite [​IMG] ) and 2 White Leghorn X not sure about the other little black one though.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Yay chickies! My fiancee is excited about them and of course my son thinks they are here merely for his entertainment. [​IMG]
    Glad to feel like I can really hang out on this forum now. [​IMG]

4. weirdturkeyfreak

weirdturkeyfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    awesome! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. BCBunnies

May 6, 2011
    Took them some pulled grass out to their pen refilled feeders and waterers and sat down on a cinderblock in the enclosure today. They were scared at first but they wanted those nummy greens so they eventually came over the big blue headed one as their ringleader (def think Bleu is a roo). And little Black Betty kept hopping to get in front once they were actually eating their greens (she might just be the head hen even if she is the smallest). Still thinking on names for the other 2 chickies any suggestions are welcome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by