Brand new chicken owner!

BCBunnies

Chirping
8 Years
May 6, 2011
My mom has been having trouble with a bobcat getting her adult chickens so she gave me the 4 teenage chickens she had in a seperate cage before they were kitty chow as well. Yay! Chicken math before my ordered chicks even come in!
gig.gif
lau.gif

Will post pics later today of the chickies and the run.
D.gif

Okay first the coop. It was already built but hasn't been used in about 4-5 years. I've cleaned it out a bit and I put gravel down over the dirt floor then added sand for drainage. And we moved a few pieces of dead wood in for them to play on since it only has one roost pole.
90494_005.jpg

And here are my girls (I think one is a roo the blue headed one?) I think I have a RIRx
love.gif
(def not my favorite
wink.png
) and 2 White Leghorn X not sure about the other little black one though.
D.gif
90494_008.jpg
D.gif

Yay chickies! My fiancee is excited about them and of course my son thinks they are here merely for his entertainment.
idunno.gif

Glad to feel like I can really hang out on this forum now.
gig.gif

Took them some pulled grass out to their pen refilled feeders and waterers and sat down on a cinderblock in the enclosure today. They were scared at first but they wanted those nummy greens so they eventually came over the big blue headed one as their ringleader (def think Bleu is a roo). And little Black Betty kept hopping to get in front once they were actually eating their greens (she might just be the head hen even if she is the smallest). Still thinking on names for the other 2 chickies any suggestions are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom