Brand new chickie mama

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ann Walter, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Ann Walter

Ann Walter New Egg

Sep 13, 2017
    Hi all....new to this site but have been reading threads lately. I have wanted chickens for so long and now have 6 month olds I raised from babies. I have a BO, 2 EE, and a black australorp. They are my babies and I love them! They make me so happy and laugh a lot. I live in the PNW, am an RN in hospice and I love to grow my own food. I'm a wanna-be farmer I guess, lots of farmers in my family, in the blood I guess. I also love to explore the woods, read, cook and knit. Thanks for all your great words of wisdom!

2. rjohns39

rjohns39 True BYC Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    Smith County, TN
    Hi and welcome to BYC :frow You'll fit right in here and we're so happy you joined us:ya

N F C and drumstick diva like this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Ann and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

Here’s a link to the Articles section - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/ There you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs.

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best

Pork Pie

rjohns39 likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thanks for joining us at BYC Ann, hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.:frow

N F C and rjohns39 like this.
  5. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

You'll find a lot in common with many other members here. Join in on the conversations, ask questions, share photos, etc.

Thanks for joining us!

rjohns39 likes this.
  6. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hello there! :frow And :welcome It is wonderful to have you here with us, best wishes! :)

rjohns39 likes this.
  7. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Egg Grower Premium Member Project Manager

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
  8. Rachel Taylor

Rachel Taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2017
    Virginia
    You sound a lot like me. This is the place to be for chicken lovers. Enjoy the adventure :welcome

rjohns39 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by