brand new to chickens and in need of indetification!! :)

I cant leave out our beautiful, sweet little new Hampshire red! here they all are together!

big_smile.png
Very cute. Good luck with them and I'm x2 on White Cochin and Brahma.

just wanted to update everyone. looks like little skipper is a rooster :) the other bantam and the new Hampshire red (which we know is a hen) doesn't have combs this big yet!

UPDATE!!!!!! look how big we are now.....all around 2 months old!!

this is mary ann. I did think she was a buff brahma, but now I am almost certain she is a mille fleur d'uccle since some of her feathers are starting to come in speckled?? any other possibilities?

and this is skipper, our little roo. still pretty sure he is a buff cochin?? any other possibilities?

and this is ginger, our new Hampshire red. she is a big, sweet baby that wants to be held and cuddled all the time! such a sweetheart!

UPDATE!!!!!! look how big we are now.....all around 2 months old!! this is mary ann. I did think she was a buff brahma, but now I am almost certain she is a mille fleur d'uccle since some of her feathers are starting to come in speckled?? any other possibilities? and this is skipper, our little roo. still pretty sure he is a buff cochin?? any other possibilities? and this is ginger, our new Hampshire red. she is a big, sweet baby that wants to be held and cuddled all the time! such a sweetheart!
Skipper isn't a Cochin, not with that build and beard. He looks to be a d'Uccle. I would guess hatchery golden necked d'Uccle.

Last edited:
Skipper isn't a Cochin, not with that build and beard. He looks to be a d'Uccle. I would guess hatchery golden necked d'Uccle.
haha...thanks! shows how much I know :) I saw a pic of a "buff mottled d'uccle" that looks just like him. think that may be what he is?

haha...thanks! shows how much I know :) I saw a pic of a "buff mottled d'uccle" that looks just like him. think that may be what he is?

just saw where you said golden necked (how did I miss that?? lol). that may very well be what he is!!

X2 on that. Mary Ann also looks like a Buff Columbian d'Uccle, but could be a Mille Fleur d'Uccle if she has some white tipping on her feathers. Did you order them from Ideal Poultry?

Last edited:
X2 on that. Mary Ann also looks like a Buff Columbian d'Uccle, but could be a Mille Fleur d'Uccle if she has some white tipping on her feathers. Did you order them from Ideal Poultry?
thanks. I agree. a few of her feathers have some white and/or black tipping so far. no, they all came from my local tsc

Back
Top Bottom