Brand new to Chickens - Victoria, BC

Bocho

Hatching
Mar 9, 2015
Victoria, BC Canada
Hi Everyone :)

I'm a total novice with chickens and currently, do not have any but I thought I should read up on them and see if they are something my husband and I could have. We live in Victoria BC and we are allowed hens but no roosters.

Anyhow, my main concern is that they will bother my allergies/asthma. I do have an allergy to feathers but wondered if them being outside wouldn't be a big deal?

I guess I'm looking for other people's advice or experience regarding this. So please feel free to comment! :)

Also, is it okay to only have 2 chickens? And if my allergies go crazy is it easy to find them new homes?

Okay, I guess that is all for now!

Welcome! I cannot comment on allergies but I am sure you will find all the answers you need from the well informed chicken people of this flock!

Do you know anyone with chickens, so you could see if you are allergic to them? If you are the one taking care of them you will be around them even if their coop is away from your house.

Hey there! Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you decided to join! Let us know if you have any questions, we will be glad to help you if we can.
big_smile.png
There is a lot of great info on here, and lots of very knowledgeable people, so I'm sure you'll be able to find any info you may be looking for.
smile.png

Hi there and thank you for the warm welcome :)

Our neighbours had chickens and I never had any problems with them but I wasn't cleaning out the coop. They sometimes came over to our yard. I loved them. :)
There are a lot of farmers and people who keep chickens on Vancouver Island so maybe it would'nt be so hard to find a new home if need be. I have rabbits and guinea pigs as well outside, well, they are in a barn/shed and I don't have any problems. I guess it is just one of those things that you won't know unless you try?

I am going to check out the coops now on this website. :)

Back
Top Bottom