Brand New

Hello,
welcome-byc.gif
and have a happy 2015! Sorry for your losses, it sounds like you have had a very hard time!
hugs.gif
Once a dog has attacked chickens, it is unlikely the habit will go away, so for future keep the dogs out of the area where the coop is with secure fencing or keep them inside (if possible). I hope you have some better luck next time!

Thank you for all the advise. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures since it has been a year and after I swore I would never go through that again my husband dismantled and re purposed the lumber for other projects. I have seen some great coop plans here, So the planning has begun and I definitely wont use the chicken wire.

Thank you for all the advise. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures since it has been a year and after I swore I would never go through that again my husband dismantled and re purposed the lumber for other projects. I have seen some great coop plans here, So the planning has begun and I definitely wont use the chicken wire.

I didn't think about that when I mentioned you posting photos. Duh, Diane!!
lau.gif

I am a new-ish member too! Welcome and I encourage you to take your time and do your research, which it sounds like that is exactly what you are doing.

caf.gif
I enjoy sipping some tea and reading the information and conversations on here!

I hope your adventure goes much better when you start a new flock.

Perhaps it would be good to do some training with your dogs. My sister has dogs that have killed hens, but she worked with them, and increased coop security with good results.

God bless!

Your dogs are very persistent and sound strong. I think electrified fence would help turn their interests elsewhere,. like killing wild life instead of chickens.

Back
Top Bottom