Bratz Dolls are being pulled!

chickypoo

Songster
11 Years
Mar 13, 2008
Colorado
img/smilies/big_smile.png" alt="big_smile" />">http://www.kcci.com/news/18206451/detail.html

I can honestly say I am happy to hear that! I do not like the Bratz dolls at all and I will not be sad to see them go.
clap.gif

I never was a doll person, but I'm a little confused on the copyright infringement. If there's such a clear difference between what Bratz represents and what Barbie represents, then I don't see how they won the case. Is Brenda Breyer next on the chopping block? There shall be no other dolls, but Barbie!

So I guess Mattel said "no", then when he went elsewhere and started making money they changed their minds.
roll.png
I have some real issues with the way intellectual property rights are handled these days.
Yes, I do think the dolls are skanky, but so are most of the preteens I see. The market will always offer what sells. Frankly, I'm not crazy about some of the Barbie I've seen. The only use I had for a doll growing up was to ride the talking model horses. When the doll dismounted and went to clean tack, the horses continued merrily playing and chatting. Maybe I read Black Beauty too many times.

So do you think preteens are skanky because all their toys and media influences are skanky or do you think the toys and media are skanky because the preteens already are?
The modern day chicken/egg question I suppose...

Back
Top Bottom