Breached Chick?! Help please!!

Actually this is my first time haveing birds so I haven't desided on a incubator yet ,but I know I am getting my eggs from a seller on eBay . I'm so excited for them! Sorry about your duck. And I might have to take you up on your offer for help :) it's nice to know that there are people my age that get the whole duck thing (my freinds think I'm crazy. :heall )

Awe,that's a cute name.. Mind if I steal it?
big_smile.png

Go right ahead, it's a great name! ;D

Sorry about the one you lost. There are so many things that can go wrong during incubation, sometimes it's hard to figure out exactly what happened. It may have gotten some kind of infection in there, causing the green yolk. I'm not an expert on those things yet, still learning myself. But congrats on all your new little ones! They are ADORABLE! ^-^

Hey guys.. A little bad news.. One of my chicks had cataracts in one eye. I was looking at it, and I noticed the eye was bulging out of its head, so I studied it. Finally the chick opened its eye for a second, and it was clouded over.. Im suspecting its cataracts, I could be wrong though. Does anybody know what this is? Will it kill the chick? Will it affect it? I'm a little worried. Oh well.. Hope it doesn't die..

If it's bulging out of the head a bit I'd suspect it's more likely an injury. Maybe a damaged lens? Has the eye always been like that or did you just notice it? It may have been pecked by another chick or gotten something in the eye that damaged it? It's very odd for such a young animal to develop cataracts I would think. Can you get a pic?

Back
Top Bottom