Breast blister

Cardoza Farms

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 14, 2013
I processed one of my bronze breasted turkeys yesterday, I let him get way too big after cleaning and plucking he's about 40 pounds. I noticed that he had a breast blister the size of an egg yolk, I cut it out and rinsed it out well; should this bird be ok to eat still? I have never come across this problem with birds before. Thanks

Um, actually, breast blisters make the meat poisonous, Yeah. So you need to give that turkey to me for proper disposal.
droolin.gif

Heavy birds develop breast blisters on pressure points, so think of it like a weird callous. There is nothing wrong with your turkey, and I am sure he will be delicious.

Thank you everybody? Next year I'm going to proccess the turkeys a lot earlier. Seems like them suckers grew overnight....

I processed one of my bronze breasted turkeys yesterday, I let him get way too big after cleaning and plucking he's about 40 pounds. I noticed that he had a breast blister the size of an egg yolk, I cut it out and rinsed it out well; should this bird be ok to eat still? I have never come across this problem with birds before. Thanks

Talk about leftovers.....unless you are feeding a small army.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom