breathing from the mouth (duck)

_oxbl

In the Brooder
May 6, 2021
Hello,

I'm concerned about my male duck, he is breathing from his mouth for 2 weeks now. I went to the vet they said that he has a lung infection and they gave me 3 medicines (unnamed). He got better but suddenly he got worse today, and the vet said that they don't accept ducks anymore :( so, does anyone have a clue of what can I do, or what disease he has? Is it life-threatening?

A video

He is a Muscovy, will turn 5 months old in a week, he refuses to eat (he hardly just eat a piece of lettuce, nothing more), his poop is white cause he doesn't eat, but when he eats a little bit of lettuce his poop became normal colored but very small. Last week he was 2.3 kg, but now I feel like he got more lighter.

In the picture he was outside the place that he lives in, he is living in a sandy place with other birds (ex: zebra, budgies) and also with some plants.

Attachments

• photo_2021-05-06_18-24-57.jpg
    photo_2021-05-06_18-24-57.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Could he have something lodged in his throat? Does he have water deep enough to submerge his whole head into?
I asked the vet (before rejecting ducks) and they said that he doesn't have anything lodged in his throat.

and yes he has 24/7 access to deep enough water to submerge his whole head into.

Back
Top Bottom