Bred from my own flock but no idea on parents

I have 35 hens.

Father could've been a Silkie, or the Mother could've been the silkie. Knowing for sure is hard.

But knowing for sure is gonna be the difficult, almost impossible task to know without keeping track of who laid the egg.
I’m pretty sure she hatched from a silkie egg or a jap bantam egg so that would make mum the silkie or a jap bantam lol dad could be either a GLW, Arunacana, silkie, or if she hatched from the jap bantam egg a silver sebright for dad

Judging by her colours I’m thinking either silkie for dad or silver sebright but I’ve never seen my SS Mount my silkie girls… and she doesn’t have the 5 toes…

Is it possible for chickens to retain genes like dogs?? Lol meaning if my silkie boy mounted my jap bantam girl and then my SS Mounted her could it be possible for the same baby to have BOTH fathers genes??

I’m pretty sure she hatched from a silkie egg or a jap bantam egg so that would make mum the silkie or a jap bantam lol dad could be either a GLW, Arunacana, silkie, or if she hatched from the jap bantam egg a silver sebright for dad

Judging by her colours I’m thinking either silkie for dad or silver sebright but I’ve never seen my SS Mount my silkie girls… and she doesn’t have the 5 toes…
What color are your Male, & Female Silkies?

I'm thinking Silver Sebright being the father is more likely.

Is it possible for chickens to retain genes like dogs?? Lol meaning if my silkie boy mounted my jap bantam girl and then my SS Mounted her could it be possible for the same baby to have BOTH fathers genes??
Two daddy babies, have been reported, but it's rare. Most common in snakes though. I don't think she's the result of that though.

Hens do store sperm upto 3 weeks.

Also, Silkie mixes don't always have 5 toes, or a crest, sometimes no feathered feet, or black skin. Just thought you should know that.

Male silkie is splash.. females are 1black and 1 buff (I did have 2 white as well who’s eggs may have been in that batch prior to them passing away)
I'm thinking the mother was a Buff Silkie. & father a Silver Sebright. The odd thing is the chick you're asking about is of a Silver Partridge pattern, which is kind of throwing me off abit.
Sebrights are Birchen Based instead of partridge, & would take over the overall partridge pattern with black, leaving some neck feathers silver.

Back
Top Bottom