Breed, age, gender?

They look about two to three weeks old. The white and brown chick could be a speckled sussex. I don't know what breed the grey chick is.

I would say as a rough estimate that they are around four-six weeks old.
You appear to have one red sex link (definitely female!) And one bantam of some sort (maybe old English game bantam, but I'm just guessing).
Congratulations on your new chicks!

Thank you for your guesses! Its much appreciated. :) I knew the little one was some type of bantam. That would be awesome if the bigger chick was a red sex trying to guess drives me crazy. If the bantam turns out to be a be a boy we could keep him too. So this is all great news.

I know most say this looks like a red sex link but he/she is starting to look like a boy to me.. Any thoughts.

Definitely a Red Sex Link. And the more red they are, they're a pullet. The whiter, a Roo. But, man, that comb is awfully red and that tail is pretty long too. I did have a red sex link and she was more white like a Roo. I was for sure that's what she was, and watched her comb and legs closely. By her 10th week, I know she was a pullet. Bless her heart, she passed last year, best chicken friend-hands down. But yours has me thinking cockerel, even with all that red. BUT she could have the the comb and tail to throw me for a loop ;)

Back
Top Bottom