Breed and age needed

kickinchicken

Songster
12 Years
Mar 23, 2010
Rhode Island
I got two adorable chickies at the NEBC swap meet. The woman who owned the chicks wasn't there when I bought the babies so I didn't get a chance to ask her their age or breed.

Here's the first one:
51942_imported_photos_00043.jpg

51942_imported_photos_00047.jpg

And here's the second:
51942_imported_photos_00048.jpg

51942_imported_photos_00050.jpg

Thanks for your help on this one.
Oh, and they are bantams, I know that much.

The second one is probably a cochin, otherwise I would guess a light Brahma, but those are large fowl. I would a guess they were under a week old.

OK, from my research, I think I have (#1) a Golden-Laced Cochin and (#2) a Light Brahma. Age is approximately about 5 days....
hu.gif
I'm going with 5 days.
tongue.png

I'd have to say that there all cochins. The middle one is probably a black cochin. It's what mine looked like when it was a baby.

But it's just a guess

There's only 2 chicks, 2 pictures of each one.
I think the first one is a GLC and the other, I hope, is a mottled...I love the mottled. I, at first, thought the second was a light brahma, but after someone posted that they thought is was a mottled, I thought...sure!

Golden Laced and Mottled Cochin banties. Oh, they're so CUTE!!!
Your're making me have happy memories about my sweet mottled babies!!!
love.gif
Good luck with them!

The second one is probably a cochin, otherwise I would guess a light Brahma, but those are large fowl. I would a guess they were under a week old.

Actually, my best friend owns bantam Light Brahmas. Sweet boogers, but their heads are much coarser, and her chicks have single combs.​

Back
Top Bottom