Breed? And age?

Josip

Crowing
Sep 20, 2019
Croatia
So my sis know am that crazy chicken person. She buy me 2 days ago this two hens witouth asking what they are. She live 5 hours driving from me and she saw some sing by the road .. chickens for sale and she stops šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
So what breed they could be?
And how old.
And one poor girl have swollen earlobe , what to do with it?

Attachments

• IMG_20211118_003759.jpg
    IMG_20211118_003759.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20211118_003831.jpg
    IMG_20211118_003831.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20211117_121511.jpg
    IMG_20211117_121511.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 2
I think mixed breeds, have you put them in quarantine or with your flock? Since you don't know where they come from they could carry diseases to your flock.
I put them with rooster i got yestrday and two hens who are bullied from flock so i made little New flock.. so in case they are sick i dont put whole flock in bad situation

They are either barnyard mixes or one of the hatchery layer hybrids. They aren't any pure breed. Age is difficult to tell, but my guess is that they are young, around 6 or 7 months, and almost ready to lay. Not positive, though.

For the swollen earlobe, you should post in the medical emergencies forum, here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/
Thanks, i personally think they are mix or Rir and something else.. i post thred about earlobe but no one coment it šŸ˜¬

Thumbs šŸ‘ to you your sis I am leaning towards your chickens are Cinnamon queens a red sexed hybrid between a RIR rooster and a silver or white Wyandotte but the ear lobe and face are throwing me off but CQ's are an excellent and loving bird with sit on your lap and folow you everywhere I have 12 in our flock first birds to run me down and say hello

So my sis know am that crazy chicken person. She buy me 2 days ago this two hens witouth asking what they are. She live 5 hours driving from me and she saw some sing by the road .. chickens for sale and she stops šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
And how old.
Maybe a welsummer? And I would think it's around a year maybe? But I'm sorry, I can't help with ear lobe.

And how old.
My bad, definitely not a welsummer. šŸ˜…

Back
Top Bottom