Breed and Gender help please

kaffer

In the Brooder
Jul 15, 2016
Hello, I have 2 confirmed Roosters due to there calls and among there behaviors. I have been having trouble identifying and or figuring out the gender of these chickens. My main difficulty is with the barred rocks or dominiques breed and gender. there is 2 of them. Also the australorps gender. I have had these since chicks and they were all supposed to be hens. One or both of my dominiques and or barred rocks seem to square up and chase off my Americana rooster. they are Feb-March born. I apologize my t's aren't capitalized, computer problems. I am trying to rule out any more Roosters, so if you see any here please mention. If you can identify the breeds here too that would be amazing. thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Pretty flock! :thumbsup

They're all pullets. (except for of course the blue and red Ameraucana/Easter Egger and the big white rooster, on the outskirts of some of the pictures)

The ones developing combs are getting ready to start laying. Your two barred pullets are Dominiques; they have rose combs (Barred Rocks have single combs).

Pretty flock! :thumbsup

They're all pullets. (except for of course the blue and red Ameraucana/Easter Egger and the big white rooster, on the outskirts of some of the pictures)

The ones developing combs are getting ready to start laying. Your two barred pullets are Dominiques; they have rose combs (Barred Rocks have single combs).

I agree not to good at sexing chicks but those are all hens and ditto on the pretty flock!

#6 that nice black snd white one....is a girl too?
wink.png

thank you everyone. :)

yes the black and white is a girl too haha. Shes interested in the Rabbits now than anything else.

I'll get more pictures that are asked for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sorry, missed including breed info on the others....

Golden (pic #12) - Buff Orpington
Black/white laced (pic #22) - Silver Laced Wyandotte
White/black with feathered legs (pic #18) - Light Brahma
Red/black (pic #3) - Rhode Island Red/Production Red
Black/white barred - Dominique
Solid black - Black Australorp

And the big solid white rooster looks like a White Rock.

Hello, I have 2 confirmed Roosters due to there calls and among there behaviors. I have been having trouble identifying and or figuring out the gender of these chickens. My main difficulty is with the barred rocks or dominiques breed and gender. there is 2 of them. Also the australorps gender. I have had these since chicks and they were all supposed to be hens. One or both of my dominiques and or barred rocks seem to square up and chase off my Americana rooster. they are Feb-March born. I apologize my t's aren't capitalized, computer problems. I am trying to rule out any more Roosters, so if you see any here please mention. If you can identify the breeds here too that would be amazing. thanks for the help.

All female. You have Dominiques, Australorps, SIlver Laced Wyandotte, Light Brahma, Production Red, and Buff Orpington. Only the Easter Egger (in the very last pic) and the White Rock are males. At their age, you can look at the back feathering to differentiate males from females, since the girls are all starting to get red in the combs. You will have a ton of eggs, very soon.

Back
Top Bottom