breed and gender help

It looks like EE but with some Silkie blood in it. You know EE are mixes who lay green, blue or brown eggs. They can be mixed with anything.

Dear Mulelover1999, you have very good breed and genetick knowledge for person who can not separate 4 mo old roo from pullet.

I fully agree.

Mule - you're extremely adamant about your chicken not having Silkie in her when she clearly does. The crestedness of your chicken isn't the only Silkie trait. Her entire head screams Silkie. It matters not whether the breeder had Silkies as to whether she has that breed in her. You're also quite argumentative and arrogant regarding something you self-admittedly just recently began.

When I first arrived to this forum I was pretty arrogant too - because I'd read so many award-winning resource books and studied so much, and researched countless sources. However, I learned very quickly (as should you) that these people on this forum have a LOT to offer. The hands-on experience and countless years of chicken ownership that these folks here have, is of an extreme magnitude and will definitely make whatever it is you *think* you know - nothing in comparison.

Please stop making the same mistake I did when I first got here. Open your ears and your eyes and be a sponge; soak in everything they are telling you.

The people here have a cornucopia of knowledge that they are VERY willing to share with those who will actually listen.
old.gif

The Calico roo on first picture is Cochin mix, black hen looks game or other mix. #1 and #4 are boys. #3 and #2 are girls

Back
Top Bottom